MAGPS has been providing education, training, support and collegiality for professionals involved in the group psychotherapies since 1957. The support of our members allows us to continue to offer cutting edge training in group therapy, and to provide a variety of services to both the professional and non-professional community.. We welcome as members group therapists at all levels of experience – from students and trainees to master therapists.
Benefits of paid membership include:
- Collegiality across professional disciplines.
- Opportunities to learn professionally through training.
- Volunteer opportunities within the organization.
- Community outreach training programs.
- Possibilities to grow as a leader and a presenter.
- Spring & Fall weekend conferences.
- Cinema Series for fun and education.
- MAGPS Newsletter.
- Website to keep you up-to-date in the community.Discounts on conference registration.
- Reduced membership fees for students & retirees.
- Scholarships for AGPA and MAGPS events.
- Online membership directory. (Only paid members are eligible to be listed in the group therapist directory, which is one of the best ways to publicize the groups that you offer. Members also receive early notification of and discounts on our various educational and networking opportunities.)
MAGPS Membership dues are structured to be reasonable and affordable. We endeavor to make it easy for all interested parties to be part of MAGPS. The dues tiers listed below are suggestions based on your ability to contribute financially to our mission. Choose whichever tier works best for your situation and consider ways that you might get involved in supporting MAGPS through this next year. Our membership year runs from January 1 through December 31.
- $100 for sustaining members,
- $75 for contributing members,
- $50 for general members,
- $25 for retirees and
- $25 for students, who must be pre-licensed and either full-time students or in full-time training programs.
If you need help joining or renewing your membership, please contact our Membership Chair for assistance:
Sonia Kahn, Psy.D.
MAGPS Membership Chair
1501 Lee Highway, Suite 102
Arlington, VA 22209
Phone: 703-909-5101, x104
Once we've got your application and dues, we will add your information to our therapist directory.
We look forward to your active membership. For more information, email Sonia Kahn, Membership Chair (firstname.lastname@example.org).